Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color Review.

Back in March when I was first starting this blog, I posted a review for a product I received in my VoxBox, and talked a little about what VoxBox is. But there are a lot more people reading these posts now, so I'll explain again.

Influenster is a subscription service like Birchbox, Julep Maven, etc. The big difference is that Influenster is free! Anyone can signup, and then you just might get sent a VoxBox full of fun things.

This month I received my second VoxBox, which is the summer beauty box, and I was happy to find not one but two manicure related items inside.


The item I was really excited to review for you is the Sally Hansen Magnetic nail polish in Silver Elements. This is the first magnetic polish I've owned, I never was particularly tempted to try out this trend, but just recently I was requested to use a magnetic polish in a manicure.


The polish applied very nicely and was super easy to use. You paint one coat on all your fingers and then one my one add a second coat and use the magnet on the cap to create your design. The cap also has a helpful guide you can place on your cuticle, which helps to keep your nail from bumping the magnet, and keeps the magnet centered over your nail.


I don't think this trend is for me since I enjoy doing my own nail art, but the shimmer in this polish is surprisingly very pretty and I'm happy to wear this until I do my next manicure. This is something I'd definitely recommend to my friends who might want something more than a solid color but don't want to add any extra time to their nail painting. This is about as quick as nail art can get!


Moving on to the other  manicure related item in the box...


Since I'm always painting my nails and removing polish and the like, I can never have enough hand cremes, so this Sally Hansen Nails and Cuticles Hand Creme was a perfect thing to receive. There isn't that much that I have to say about this, other than it's nice and the sample size I received will be great for keeping in my purse.

These are just two of the items I received in my VoxBox, and for something that's free these two items alone are better than some of the boxes I've seen people get from paid subscription services. I definitely recommend everyone to sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment