Thursday, March 29, 2012

Purple Tie-Dye Nails.

I decided to play around with a tie-dye-esque technique the other day. I wasn't sure exactly what look I was going for, so I just messed around until I got something I like on each of my nails.

I think this technique could result in a really awesome manicure if I figured out a cool pattern to aim for on each of my nails, however I'm not sure I'd attempt it again. The actual painting was really quick and simple, but cleanup was terrible. Maybe sometime when I have a lot of time on my hands though.

I used all American Apparel polishes for this manicure, most of the ones I own are very opaque which makes them a good choice for a manicure like this. The polishes I used are Factory Grey, Mount Royal, and Dynasty.








The more I look at the photos, the more I think I might be willing to give in to the long cleanup time and try it again.

8 comments:

  1. these are so cool! you should do a tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Please do a tutorial on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I did a tutorial on these recently:http://holymanicures.blogspot.com/2012/04/tie-dye-nails-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. For easy clean up just run a little bit of vasaline around ur cuticles w a q tip before u start. Clean up is a breeze! Take it from a licensed tech.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For easy clean up just run a little bit of vasaline around ur cuticles w a q tip before u start. Clean up is a breeze! Take it from a licensed tech.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have this one ! the color is amazing!

    saranail.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete