Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Beachy Crab Nails.

After seeing this manicure during my search for inspiration, I decided that crab nails were a must-do. As I mentioned earlier this week, my current focus in on summer, and it's only a matter of days now until I return to Maryland for the summer. So, crabs are the perfect nail art choice. 



This manicure doesn't show much of the base, but it's a gradient that is supposed to show where the ocean meets the sand. I started with a base color of Zoya Jules, which is like a prettier version of wet sand. Then I created the gradient with OPI Ogre the Top Blue, LA Colors Static Electricity, and Wet n Wild Blue Wants to be a Millionaire. The crabs were done with CND Flashpoint with Wet n Wild French White Creme and Black Creme for the eyes.




3 comments:

  1. I loved the inspiration nails when Rachel posted them and I love yours too, they're so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Margaret and Stacy! I LOVE the addition of the blue water! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I can think of when I see these are is the crabs from "Finding Nemo". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3DLxR2fOdM

    :)

    ReplyDelete