Thursday, May 31, 2012

Purple Fishtail Nails.

After finally mastering the fishtail braid, I knew it was time to break out this awesome fishtail nail design tutorial I had saved a few months ago for inspiration.

I decided to put the full nail design on all of my fingers instead of just as an accent though, and I really liked how it turned out. Carefully making all of my lines for the design took a while, but with a little patience and a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother, it was actually pretty simple.



At first I thought I'd go with all cream polishes for this manicure, but I ended up incorporating one shimmer and I think the outcome was nice. The polishes I used were OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender, China Glaze Below Deck, and China Glaze Bogie. Bogie isn't a color I'd typically be using at this point in the year, but the shimmer looked great in the sun!



2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I love the colors you used. I have the same tutorial saved but I have yet to try it, I think this gave me a push though! Very nice work ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing! You are truly gifted!

    ReplyDelete