Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sunflower Nails.

After a few of my nails breaking too badly for Orly Nail Rescue to be the solution, I had to cut my nails down a bit shorter than I would have liked. If I had my choice, my ideal nail length would be right around here. Luckily my short nails are still plenty long enough to have fun with nail art. 

I think this sunflower design is great for summer, and it's one flower type I hadn't tried before. When I was thinking about my inspiration this was my favorite sunflower design I'd seen before and the one I decided to be most inspired by.




The greens I used are China Glaze Tree Hugger and Wet n Wild Sagreena the Teenage Witch. I used two different glitters, one over the base and one in the centers of the flowers. Those are Color Club Starry Temptress, and LA Girl Clear/Gold. The colors for the sunflowers are CND Bicycle Yellow and OPI Chop-sticking to my Story.

9 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful! Great for summer. :)

    Did it take long? I'd love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took a while doing all the details, I'm not sure how long it actually took to do though. Longer than one of my typical designs though.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! Usually the detailed art I see is done with acrylics. I like using nail polish, but I'm a novice - it's nice to know that I can eventually get detailed art with polish, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! You are so talented, Maragret :). Makes me wish I didn't have such a shaky left hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cute length. Love the design. My sunflowers pale in comparison. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks exactly like LOVE4NAILS design... And you didn't even mention her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I accidentally didn't add my inspirations for this design to this post! I wasn't trying to steal her design or anything, just left out a part of the post when I was finishing up. I'm usually very good about including inspirations. I'll edit it now!

      Delete
  6. beautiful!! did you free-handed all these?? man!

    ReplyDelete