Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Streaky Distressed Nails.

I've had this tutorial saved to watch for a while now, and when I finally did and saw how simple the technique was, I had to give it a shot!


This technique gives you a look similar to a shatter or crackle polish but you have more control, the results are super smooth and you can easily layer lots of colors.



In the tutorial neon polishes are used but I chose a few shades I thought were more suited to cold weather. The polishes I used were China Glaze Shower Together, Julep Taylor, Wet n Wild French White Creme, Wet n Wild Black Creme, and a Julep polish (the pinkish-red color) that I don't have on hand for the name!


I think this would be the perfect design for a little last minute nail art, especially because it's super easy to do on both hands! In the future maybe I'd want to try this technique with more color combinations and different polish finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment