Monday, January 6, 2014

Distressed Book Nails.

I've dedicated my free time over winter break (the time that hasn't already been reserved for nail art) to doing lots of reading. And so I wanted a manicure that would remind me of books and reading in general. 


I used rubbing alcohol to transfer the text and highlights from a magazine article to a base of Wet n Wild French White Creme. I went for a messy, distressed look so you can't actually read the any words but still get the idea.


When I was making my list of favorite manicures of 2013, I decided I also had to compile a list of my favorite books and thought now would be a good time to share a few of my top picks from the year. The books I'm recommending to everyone are:
  • Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 
  • Drowning Instinct by Ilsa J. Bick
  • The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
  • The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
Doing this manicure also reminded me that in 2012 I enjoyed doing manicures that were inspired of specific books and there was none of that in 2013. Hopefully I'll read something that inspires a little nail art soon and be able to get back into that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment